Saturday, August 7, 2010

From Across the Pond to say "I do!"!!

I am so excited to show you these pictures!

Madeleine emailed me months and months ago, starting the beginning of an awesome back and forth about how she is from England and her and fiance Terry, were making plans to get married in Las Vegas.

I could tell by her writing she was much more proper than this plain ol' American girl. But I really could hear that wonderful English accent of her's when I asked her to tell me about how her and Terry met. And she ended it by saying "We are a right soppy pair and so excited about getting married..." She said "right soppy pair"!! It's so English! I LOOOOVE IT!

When Madeleine opened the door of her hotel room and she was all dolled up in her wedding dress I was not only excited to meet her but to see what a gorgeous bride she was! She was beaming! It was amazing. I spent some time alone with Madeleine since she didn't want Terry to see her in her wedding dress before the ceremony. Let me just tell you that I was so excited to spend some time with her after spending 5 minutes with her (ooookay, yes, she bought me Harrod's English chocolates, that will always win me over! haha)!!!

The two of them talking about each other separately was sweet, but seeing them interact with each other was wonderful! Terry and Madeleine are such a great couple! I felt beyond privileged to spend so much time with them on their wedding day! Once they got married, I was basically the only person there to celebrate with them, and I felt extremely lucky that they asked me to help them remember their wedding day! I went home that night feeling not only lucky to do what I love for people in love, but to meet people that I feel like I can now call friends. I will always remember photographing this wedding. It was one in a million for so many different reasons.

I hope you all like the pictures.


The ceremony was so intimate! They look SO happy being pronounced Mr. and Mrs. for the first time! I was so excited for them!
This is after the ceremony they were able to take a moment to take it all in. I know this picture seems random, but they look so happy!
Isn't she GOOOR-GEOUS!!
I asked Madeleine to pop her foot and Terry wanted in on the action too! hahaha!
I love this shot because this is Terry and Madeleine just being Terry and Madeleine!Of course we had to get this shot! :)


Twirling! :)
During the water show in front of Bellagio, Terry grabbed his bride and started to dance. So sweet!








This is my close second favorite!
This has to be my favorite shot of the day! Looooooove it!


Terry and Madeleine,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you. It was a pleasure beyond words to meet you and document your beautiful wedding. Thank you also for being such troopers about the bloody hot weather! I became a better photographer that day because you are such phenomenal people and wonderful to work with. I can't wait to visit you across the pond next year! ;)

-Lori

5 comments:

Connie said...

SUCH A FUN SHOOT!!! Great Job on these photos they look fantastic!

Madeleine Andrews said...

Lori - we still cant stop looking at the photos. Thank you so much again for making us look so amazing on the day. Everyone back here in England adores them and one of my friends who is getting married next year even said she wishes she could fly you over to do her pictures! You are an unbelieveable talent :) Very much looking forward to seeing you again when you visit...

Madeleine xxx

Madeleine Andrews said...

Lori - we still cant stop looking at the photos. Thank you so much again for making us look so amazing on the day. Everyone back here in England adores them and one of my friends who is getting married next year even said she wishes she could fly you over to do her pictures! You are an unbelieveable talent :) Very much looking forward to seeing you again when you visit...

Madeleine xxx

Elena said...

Amazing, as usual, Lori. You are so good at capturing these special moments.

Tristan said...

Love, love, love the pictures!!! My first glimpse of the bride made me think of My Fair Lady.