Sunday, October 24, 2010

Canadian Sunsets.

First, is a sunset in the country. Now take a deep breath. Sigh it out and think of nature.

Yes, there are places like this that exist in this world. Peaceful and lovely.

I thought I'd show you what shooting in manual can do...the first picture. I metered the light according to the sun. This is why everything else is so much darker than what it seems it should be.
Then with this one I metered according to everything but the sun, so it's a little washed out, but I still tried to show the color the sun was setting off by letting that flair come into the lens.
My dear friends waited in the car while I stood on the side of the rode in a ditch taking pictures of things like this.
See! They are so amazing. :)

Second is a sunset in the city.

This is the capital of Canada, Ottawa. Their buildings were old and new mixed together. Beautiful architecture. And no tulips. Yep, one of the main reasons we chose the time we went was because of the Tulip Festival. Well, they came early that year so most of them were dead. It was kinda typical of the irony that is involved in my life. But irony makes me laugh, so it was okay, especially when I was able to witness this beautiful sunset. What was the hardest thing for me to believe was that it was almost 9pm before the sun actually was set. I'm not complaining it was awesome.

As we walked to where we were getting to we were walking towards the sunset, so this is the progression of the sun going down. I only had my point and shoot camera on me at the time, so they weren't everything I wanted, but when all was said and done, I was pretty happy with what my lil' ol' p&s captured.



No comments: