Thursday, November 19, 2009

Washington, DC

I fell in love with DC. The energy and vibe of Washington is so amazing it is almost palatable to every part of yourself that wants to make change and be a part of something big and life altering. You can't help but fall in love with the city that I could only imagine falling in love with someone would be just as easy.

My favorite and most memorable moment came a day before we left. We had finished touring the US Holocaust Museum and fitfully it was pouring outside. We made our way towards the rest of the National Mall and by the time we had come out of the Natural History Museum it had stopped raining and the sun was shining. It was beautiful outside. We found a food stand and sat down to eat. I remember seeing people set up for a festival and a police officer riding on a horse. Families of all shapes and sizes walking, talking, some kids crying. People jogging. Couples reading on blankets or whispering things in each others ear. Boy Scouts in uniform walking with their troops. And here I was sitting under a shaded picnic table looking at the Washington Monument about 500 yards away eating a quick bite while the breeze cooled down my now frizzy head of hair.

I felt blessed and lucky.I decided to show photos only in black and white. There is something so classic and timeless about black and white shots. And that is exactly how I felt about Washington, DC.










































2 comments:

Tristan said...

You lucky lady! I would absolutely LOVE to visit Washington DC! Maybe one of these days...

Tristan said...

Will you send me your address? Thanks!