Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FIBA Basketball

Carmelo! BlaaDOW! (is that how you spell that?)

I've been watchinig the games on tv, feeling a little bummed that I'm not there. Hellooo! It's here in Vegas, why am I not down there! haha. But the games have been getting better as the days have gone on....and yet, no one can touch team USA. The over 20 point deficit of course does not make the game a "nail biter" but it is still exciting to see other teams try so hard! :)
The best part is hearing the commentators say "ya know, you just gotta tell your team to not look at the score board and just keep at it! Just keep pushing hard, or else you are just not going to play as hard as you want to when you see how far you are from getting even close to possibly catching up to USA." hahaha.
Gotta love it.
Tonight USA plays Uruguay. Tomorrow, USA plays Argentina, who is the other team that is undefeated along with the US. I'm excited for that game.
I'm there! :) Responsibility? Work? Not procrastinating? Psh! What's that? hahaha.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are pretty into basketball these days. Is it because of a boy, or just because it's in LV? ;) Or maybe you've always been this into basketball, and I'm just a clueless fool.

To show how clueless I am, is this like the "World Cup" of basketball? What's with all the countries playing each other outside of the Olympics?

Lori said...

Boys don't decide my sports fan-ality! (fan-ality=reality? no? yes? get it?!?! haha) Actually I've always liked basketball, I was just sooo put off from the NBA for a while and then UNLV has had sucky basketball, so I was a crappy fan and just kinda died out for a couple of years.

But I've never seen professional players live. So I guess that's what I'm most excited about. Top level playing at an Olympic level. Awesome.

The FIBA Championship decides the teams that will be representin' at the 2008 Olympics in China. The teams in the 1st and 2nd position at the end of the Championship will automatically qualify to the Olympics. 3rd-5th have to play again a month before the Olympics to qualify.