Thursday, November 1, 2007

8 Things...(and a lil' suttin' extra)

I normally don't fall prey to these, but okay, fine, I'll do it.

I need to tell about 8 things that most people don't know about me.
So here we go. In no particular order...

1.) I can draw cartoons. Don't get me in a restaurant that uses paper as their table clothe because I'll end up drawing cartoon faces all over it. That's usually the only time I bust out that talent.

2.) I'm a pack rat. I've gotten better over the years. But I have a hard time throwing things away. If you really know me then you know this, and have probably seen the damages! But I think that it will get better before it gets worse! hahaha. (I will mention though that other than my room, I'm an organized person. Strange, I know.)

3.) I collect children's books. I have dreams of writing and illustrating a children's book one day. I think the idea will just hit me on the side of the head out of the blue. But for the time being I "research" by purchasing children's books on occasion.

4.) I have little feeling (or no feeling sometimes) in my bottom lip and kinda my chin. I had jaw surgery my senior year of high school to correct a really horrible bite and got a little nerve damage. So if you see a piece of food lingering in that general area it probably means I don't know it's there, please mention it! HA! :)

5.) I watch movies over and over again. I love movies and there are some movies I watch constantly. It changes which ones. I go into different phases, but I can watch movies over and over and still laugh like it's the first time I've seen it. Ooooor be really annoying and recite all the lines during the movie (like Empire Records or Sandlot). Therefore consequently I movie or tv quote all the time.

6.) I almost always have to have some sort of noise in the background or I go stir crazy. Even if it's a washing machine going, but I can't have complete silence. My usual background noise is music or a movie, it really helps me concentrate on whatever it is I'm suppose to be focusing on. Weird. I know. Very rarely do I have complete silence.

7.) I really don't like talking on the phone. I know it doesn't seem true because I'm on the phone all the time, but really. I'm not a fan of talking on the phone. I'd much rather talk in person. I am easily distracted when I'm on the phone with someone and don't listen as well as I want to. But that's also because I feel like I should be multi-tasking while on the phone. But in person, I am more focused on the person I'm talking to.

8.) I'm having a hard time with this last one...but I finally thought of something. It's kinda gross. I'm a really horrible spitter. :) haha. I'm the worst. I can't spit to save my life! I get toothpaste everywhere! I rarely ever spit other than that. Spitting out my gum, if I dare try is usually quite an accomplishment for me if I make it into the trash can I'm standing over or out the window of my car. (this is so ridiculously sad as I type this) I pretty much try to spit in private as much as possible. Might I add that I'm not dying to be a good spitter. I think it's one of the few things that I am girlie about. And almost a little proud that I don't spit that well. hahaha.

So that's it. That's my eight things that most people don't know about me.

aaaand since I hate posts that are picture-less:


This little girl, Kaitlin, is now one year old as of Wednesday. Yep, Halloween! So Saturday the family is going up to UT for the birthday party!! :)

Happy Birthday cute girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I think I learned some new stuff from the list. Although I think I knew most of them already (can you believe that?). I think I shall be a frequent visitor of this blog of your's. Lates