Friday, April 10, 2009

You're Hawaiian?!

Yes.

Yes, I am.

And to prove it (which really isn't proof whatsoever, but go with me here), I have been on a Hawaiian music kick lately.

For the past two days I've been listening to:

(sorry for the small size, I couldn't find anything bigger)

I love this album. It reminds me of my childhood, when we did stuff as a family or especially when my dad had it blaring on the stereo while he played the guitar. It was also one of the first live albums I listen to. I realized because of that I judge the recording quality and flow of live albums to this one a lot.

You all might know one member of the Makaha Sons of Niihau...

Israel Kamakawiwo`ole (mostly known as Iz or Brudda Izzy)



He is best known for "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World"...I found it for you to listen to. He has such an amazing, calming and peaceful voice.



I hope it makes your day better. It does for me whenever I listen to it, or any Hawaiian music for that matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do know IZ (well not personally..) I suggested Russ dance to Somewhere Over the Rainbow with his mother during their dance at our wedding. It is such a great song.

Lori said...

Ohhh! I never thought of using that song for one of those dances! Nice call!!