Saturday, October 10, 2009

Florida or bust...traveling like it's going out of style.

I haven't been one in the past to go out on big adventures or take random trip or really plan a vacation unless it was well in advance. I just felt like things needed to be well organized and put together if you wanted a "successful" vacation.

And then something changed in me. It didn't have to be that way at all. Random trips can be awesome. Doing things spur of the moment can be great. Having things planned out doesn't always mean they go as planned. I have come to find a oneness with traveling that I've never had before. I like it.

I have many MANY trips I still want to take. I know that now is the time for me to do it too. Well, the past few years, especially this year, I have traveled a lot. It might not seem like a lot for most, but for me, it's a lot. And I hope it's just the beginning of the kind of traveling I want to do.

A very close friend of mine, Jackie, was moving from Vegas and though I didn't want her to leave I knew it had to happen. I also knew she was going to have to drive. To Florida. I wanted to be there for her, and if that meant driving a moving truck, well, then bring it on. Due to some scheduling (on my part, boy was she patient with me), we had to make the trip in 5 days. It was not going to be a lot of sight seeing, but I was still looking forward to seeing parts of the country that I've never seen before. We traveled through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama & Florida.

I'm so grateful that I was able to help out my friend but that really she gave me the opportunity to see things and go places I've never been before. I appreciate more than ever the country I am privileged and lucky to be born in. It is gorgeous and magnificent for so many different reasons beyond liberties and justices I take for granted daily. But for the natural beauties that God graciously placed across it.

I am blessed.

Here are just a few shots from the trip. :)

I couldn't decide: color or black & white?!



These I took with my point and shoot camera mostly if not all when I was driving...hehe..ahem, I mean, SAFELY DRIVING!!

One of my favorite parts we drove through was Mississippi and Alabama. It was the most scenic and had a lot too look at. Being a girl from the desert, I wasn't use to seeing so much green and water. It was beautiful.

Swaplands. My first time really seeing them.

So why did I take a picture of cars driving? I thought that too when I first looked at this shot and then I remembered, I took it because this was the freeway...lined with trees! I love trees and I would love if this was apart of my commute! And it went on for forever!

Texas, stand on a tuna can and you could see for miles and miles around. I actually really kinda like this shot.

No comments: