Monday, September 10, 2007

California Trip



I went on a long weekend trip with a good friend about a month ago. We had an AMAZING time. The weather was the B-E-S-T part of the trip. I absolutely loved it. After going to California a lot more recently over the past few years, I've come to realize, especially after this trip, that my favorite beach is Huntington Beach. I'll post pictures I took at the beach in a different post.




We did enjoy Disneyland and California Adventure, but for the most part did nothing and yet did everything we wanted to do.

Here are a few pictures.

WILD CATS! Woohooo! My first real introduction to High School Musical. It was cute. The little kids got to dance with them, they "played" basketball. It was really cute 10-ish minute show.

Right after the big "splash" on Splash Mountain, we got stuck. The logs got backed up. They had to walk us out of the ride, outside behind the ride in the back lots, and then back out front. It was a bummer and yet cool, because how often do you get to do that right?

Then we got stuck on it's a small world. We were waiting and waiting, and realized we weren't really moving, of course right when we done with the ride and out in the sun. So after a good 20 minutes, or at least it felt close to that, they had to help us off the boats and walk us out of the ride. But this time, no back lots or anything. Disneyland was not having a good day with the rides I guess! ha!

This. This is...hold on, I'm getting verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a towpic. The Holy Roman Empire. Neither holy nor Roman. Discuss.

Okay.

It's passed.

This people was the best piece of meat I've ever had in my LIFE! And I'm telling you folks, we were meant to eat here! We walked up and down Downtown Disney trying to decide where to eat and we stopped at ESPN Zone and the wait was over an hour, so we thought, why not go to a new place if we have to wait that long. Here is where Jazz Kitchen come into play.




We walked up to put our name on the list. The girl took our name and then one of her bosses walked up and said, "ya know...let's just sit them now." She said, "that never happens, you two are sooo lucky."





We sat down, and about an hour later, this is what my plate looked like. It was amazing. We sat outside on the "porch". People watched, we got to watch some fireworks from Disneyland, and listened to live jazz music while sitting among beautiful weather.


Here is a picture of Disney California. I just think of how relaxed I was that day. It was so nice.


No comments: