Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tina Fey and 30 Rock



I LOVE this show! Because I love Tina Fey. This woman is a comic genius. She created, produces, writes and stars in 30 Rock. It has the best little moments of quips and "uh...did they just say that, because that was awesome." The writing is soooo smart and sooo funny.

So we know that they just won an Emmy for best comedy series and got robbed else where but the one I'm most bummed about which is a double edge sword is that Tina Fey didn't win for best writing in a comedy series. Greg Daniels did for The Office. Which we all know I love.

I bought the first season and I told my office, "Remember how I made you all watch 'How I Met Your Mother' and now you all love it? Well here is the next show you are going to thank me for making you watch. Welcome to '30 Rock'." Aaaand guess what, I was right. I have joined more people to the ranks for the love of 30 Rock and the gem that is Tina Fey.

Her character Liz Lemmon. Any single woman can relate to Liz. Well actually she can relate to all women, not just single women. Why? Because she is so well written! :) One of my favorite moments is when Liz goes to a bar with Jenna to try and meet other men after a break up. She is sitting at the bar sipping on a drink and a guy tries to sit down next to her but she rebuffs him because she doesn't realize he's trying to pick up on her and he walks away just baffled. Jenna then says, "why did you do that Liz?! He was trying to buy you a drink!" Liz, "I already have a drink. Do you think he'd buy me mozzarella sticks?" HAHA! Soooo funny!

Below is clips from one of the many guest stars and one of the best episodes. We quote this episode a lot at work. "Jenna...YOU ARE EXQUISITE!!"

No comments: