Friday, September 7, 2007

Yet another quirky event!

Quirky things happen to me here and there. Just odd, quirky things. Probably because, at times, I'm quirky.


Definition of quirky (well, quirk, but go with it):
1.) A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy
2.) An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
3.) A sudden sharp turn or twist.


This is more definition #2.

So I ordered a lil' suttin (<--something. just trying to sound cool) at Amazon, for a wedding gift...which they will love, The Office seasons 1 and 2. My fellow co-worker who went in on the gift with me asked, "hey, have you tracked the package yet?" as it is suppose to be delivered by Friday to our office. So I get on Amazon. Start looking it up and right when I get to the page that shows it's tracking...I see that it is enroute in Las Vegas. I turn to my co-worker and say, "Oh good, it should be here soon!" and suddenly, I-KID-YOU-NOT...


BAM!


The smiling Amazon box we all know and love is sitting next to me on my desk. I look at the box, surprised, of course, and look up to see the beloved UPS guy that I have become buddies with, standing there smiling at me. Completely proud of his delivery amazingness!

How does that happen? Seriously! It was like a "Field of Dreams-If you will build it" moment! I usually don't have the best online delivery moments. Nothing I've ever ordered has ever come at the time/day it says it will, and yet, today, I got the total other end of the spectrum. Delivered right to my desk, right when I was asking for it.


quirky.








No comments: