Monday, February 4, 2008

Eliza.



I found this up and coming new magazine called Eliza. It is a magazine that promotes modesty dress but is completely chic. It is not at all homely and is totally legit. It is very well made and very well put together.



As I dress a very modest (life)style, and I realize I'm trying to find this place where I understand what my style is exactly as it is starting to change. I am so grateful the creator and editor-in-chief of this magazine, Summer Bellessa, has the guts to create such a great magazine among the filth and worldliness of reading that is around us.

I just wanted to quote something she said in the most recent winter issue (cover seen above) of the magazine (it's kinda long but it's a good quote):

"With anything positive or popular you are going to have critics. ELIZA's have mainly come from a few media outlets who think there should only be two boxes: the crazy, judgmental, right-winged, wacko religious, narrow-minded, potato-sack wearing box and the hip, trendy, sexualized, half-naked box. Having two extremes might bring the ratings up but it leaves women without any real help. Combine that with the sea of tube tops and mini-dresses and it's easy to feel like the only one looking for something more wearable but less fashionable. ELIZA's success is proof that you are not alone. It is time to start asking designers to have you in mind when choosing the length of a hemline. And what exactly are advertisers selling when women are shown without clothes in an ad for clothes? The third box is full to the brim of women who are educated, creative, fashion-conscious, and on the hunt for clothes to feel comfortable in."

That quote is what made me decide to share this amazing magazine with all of you in hopes that you will share with others too, that modestly is and can be fashionable. I am tired of people trying to make me feel like I'm living a lifestyle that is dotty and old fashion. I feel like I am showing that I love my body and self enough to not HAVE to flaunt it. I know the saying, "if you got it, flaunt it!" I wish that people realized it doesn't have to be done in such a sexually charged way. I feel like I show what I have to flaunt in a very tasteful and modest way. And I'm all the better for it.

There is another quote in the magazine that I loved...

"dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - chanel


I know I won't always have impeccable moments, I can guarantee it, but I like the quote enough to want to be more put together, more often, for myself, to feel like I am being seen as a woman with character, personality and heck, charm ;) and not what I am wearing.


(if you can afford it, and like what I share with you, and you want to promote and support a modest lifestyle in fashion, please subscribe to the magazine to show your support...here is a link to the website)

No comments: