Saturday, October 11, 2008

Childhood Candy

My mom can make a good number of Asian dishes. So here and there she would have to go to the small grocery stores that had nothing but food that catered to Asian dishes, and a lot of the time those foods would only be found in these stores. Whenever she went, or if we tagged along, for as long as I can remember, my mom would buy us rice candy.



Whaaaat? Rice? As a candy? Yep. They are chewy and just fun to eat! They were a real treat for us as kids. Not too long ago, my sister found some of these yummy candies at a store and bought some. When she gave it to me, a flood of memories of eating these as a kid came back to me and just thinking how special they were.



On the box, it says it comes with a sticker. And we LOOOOVED to compare and swap stickers, but in the box my sister gave me, it had a rub on tattoo. Booo! I guess the candy surprises/toys are changing with the times. It's so sad.

1 comment:

The Cairns Family said...

That is hilarious, my Dad's best friend use to give us those same rice candies when ever we would visit him. They have them in most of the grocery stores up here in Calgary it is great!!!