Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kealani is 5!!

What? Yeah. I didn't notice until my older brother pointed them out. They didn't notice they bought the wrong package until they started blowing up the balloons! :) hahaha! I loved it! (hopefully they saved some, Kaitlin turns 2 at the end of this month)

The BIRTHDAY GIRL! And her many goofy faces. I love seeing how she is growing. It's a bit surreal only because it's like looking back with adult eyes now how I looked and sometimes acted as a little girl.

Decorating cookies!

The lil' sister, Kaitlin. In the past she has been a quiet shy thing and then this trip, she was out of her shell, talking and such a fun little girl. I really enjoyed my time getting to know her better (if that makes sense).

Speaking of personality. This was hilarious! Kaitlin was mad at her mom for leaving to go to the store and leaving her at home. When she came back, this was the look she was giving her mom. We couldn't stop laughing. Five minutes later she was over it. But it was so funny that she could stare you down! hahaha!

Kealani has more leg than she knows what to do with! We like to call them sticks! ;P She is going to be nothing but legs when she gets older.

Just two sisters, coloring.

Kealani got "ten WHOLE dollars" for her birthday to put in her piggy bank savings. This is her showing everyone one of her presents from her mom and dad.

I can never get a picture of my older brother. He dodges me like crazy. Well his guard was down when he was hugging his birthday girl. Gotcha bro!

Teri did such a good job on the birthday cake, she always does. SO cute!

Let me preface these last two pictures. Kaitlin from the beginning has not taken well to any guy other than her dad. And sometimes no girl other than her mom, buuut she was more willing to come to a girl, especially to get away from a guy she didn't want to be held by. Slowly but surely she was getting a little bit better with Grandpa. I kinda forgot about all that and I was holding her and I saw something I wanted to take a picture of. Grandpa was the closest person to me, so I just passed her off to him. She sat on his lap and did nothing. She was just fine. No crying, no looking around for an escape she was fine and just as I was about to turn away from the pair to go get my picture my dad whispers loudly, "LOOORI! Get a PIC-TUUURE!" hahahaha. It was awesome.

So Grandpa couldn't help but steal a kiss while she sat on his lap. It's one of my favorite moments of the day.



Sorry, that was kinda long. I cut myself off. I had more! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are both so adorable! The balloons crack me up. I want to know how that cake was made!

Lori said...

I'll ask my sister-in-law how she did it and let you know! :)