Friday, January 26, 2007

A moment of silence please.


So earlier this week I went with my family to TGI-Fridays off of Sahara and Decatur. Well in the same parking lot sat my ever favorite store Tower Records.


Aaaand it was....
CLOSED. Shut down. No longer in business. Blacked out. Doors LOCKED!


I've known for some time that it was closing. I had a ton of friends tell me that I need to go down there and get in on some of the good deals they were having. But I never went. Mostly because I didn't have money to burn but also because it made me sad. Tower Records and I were pals. When it was late, and I was bored and I needed something to do at 10:30 at night, Tower was there for me. I could find the oddest albums. Movies that I wish I had on dvd and oh look, of course, Tower has it. Who doesn't love a record store that is open til midnight. It was like my own little version of "Empire Records".


(...say it with me now "Empire Records, open til midnight, this is Mark.")


So I didn't techincally say "good-bye" to my buddy, my pal. So I say it here now.

bye. i'll miss you. :(









By the way, if you have never seen Empire Records, oh man....it's a cult classic.
Love this movie. If you ever want to watch it with me, I'm always up for it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm gonna add it to my Netflix queue...

Lori said...

Now that just surprised me Sarah! I for sure that you would have seen that movie!